Friday, October 28, 2011

Come full circle

I started this blog back in 2007 and one of my first subjects was getting my new Nikon camera. It started having problems earlier this year and after much procrastinating, I finally sent it in to be fixed. I recieved a call the other day that they cannot fix it- because it is a 'gray market' item. What?! I purchased it on Ebay- from a seller apparently selling European marketed items to the U.S. market, and that means they won't service it. At the time of purchase I had checked out the sellers feedback thoroughly and was excited to get a good deal on a great product. No idea that my product was not going to be recognized by Nikon. So, not such a great money saver in the long run, huh? Time to start camera shopping again. Lovely. So excited. are you catching the sarcasm? We did really like Nikon- but although he camera took great picts, it was a bit large to take everywhere. Then again, it never was missplaced!
Any recommendations??

No comments: